Saturday 9 August 2014

Wedding Preparations

Phil and Lucie (Scarlett's mum and dad) are getting married in four weeks, so we are busy at the moment with all the preparations.  Hen party last Saturday , which was fun but made me feel seriously old!  On Monday we went to France on a booze cruise to get all the wine for the wedding.  We started at Carrefour and did a bit of wine tasting in the car park  (thankfully my Dad remembered a corkscrew and glasses)


And then we went to a wine merchants just outside Calais that my dad has been frequenting for years (that is who I get my bad habits from!), where we actually bought most of the wine from.  We had a lovely meal in a fish restaurant down by the harbour in Calais. And no, I didn't eat mussels, I had a beautiful salad :)


I must show you this picture of Lucie doing a bit of wine tasting (she is going to kill me!). Classy bird, that's why she fits in to our family so well!


All in all, a smashing day out.  All I've got to do now is try and find a hat that I like and I'm ready for the big day.





6 comments:

  1. It looks like you all had a good time at the wine tasting. Yes please to the mussels, yum yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to be able to do that! I don't do hats so have bought a fascinatot on a hair slide, far more manageable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Fran, What a fun day of wine tasting . . . and I can not think of anything better than going out to buy a new hat. When I was a young girl hats were still very popular here in the states and then Jackie Kennedy kept them very stylish into the 60's. I don't know what happen after that, but American women started putting hats on the shelf. As for me, I love them! I am sure that in the UK you can find them everywhere and that you have many styles and colors to choose from. I hope that you will take your camera with you and show us some of the hats that you try out. I wish I could fly over and go shopping with you. Buying hats and having afternoon tea in one of the most beautiful countrys on earth. Not to mention with a dear sweet blogging sister and friend like you. I would be in heaven.
    Wishing you the very best.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the photo of Cassie wine tasting! Brilliant. Just like me too :) If she fits in well with you, Fran, she must be great. What a lovely day out for you all, though. It sounds so much fun! By the way, I see you are on the FB Women on Barges group! That's lovely! I've joined quite recently, but at the moment I'm staying off FB and Twitter to focus on my studies; I'll be back later though. It's a lovely group!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, it's Lucie, not Cassie…haha, I mixed up the 'classy' bird with her name :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jo - it was fabulous, perhaps you ought to take my place at the table next time if you love the mussels! xxx

    DC - I'd love to wear a fascinator, but my hair is so fine they just slip out, not a good look for the photos - a lopsided mother! Xxxx

    Connie - I would love you to come shopping with me and I know some fabulous places for a proper afternoon tea with thin sandwiches and cake, lots of cake. It still is very much the done thing in the UK for the mothers to wear a hat or a fascinator to weddings and a lot of the guests too. It's about the only time I wear a hat, unless of course it's a woolly one in the winter :) xxx

    Val - I went over to have a look at Women on Barges after you mentioned it on your blog. It is such a lovely group. I am going to see if I can go to the planned lunch, it would be really great to meet some new like minded people. Good luck with your MA studies, hope all goes well xxx

    ReplyDelete