Sunday 20 July 2014

Scarlett and Exciting News


I haven't shown you a picture of Scarlett for a while, so here she is, quite a stunner.  I don't think I have ever met such a happy child.  She laughs, sings and dances from the moment she wakes up.  She is crawling, pulling herself up and is constantly chatting is that wonderful scribble talk that young children do.  Best of all is when she sees me her face beams with a great big smile and she lifts her arms up for kisses and cuddles, life doesn't get better than that...

Oh but wait it does ... my second son Stuart and his lovely wife Kerry have announced that their first child is due in January.  I am just as excited about this new arrival and can't wait to meet my second grandchild.  There may be disadvantages to getting older, but the arrival of grandchildren is one heck of a benefit!


10 comments:

  1. How wonderful for you to be expecting another recently returned old soul to be viewed as a New Baby. I do know what you have to say about grandchildren. For the relationship between them and us is so very unique & personal; I thoroughly enjoy my chats with Ollie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a right bobby dazzler! DS and FDiL get married soon but still think we shall have a wait:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!

    Your little grand daughter is so cute :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's a beauty and so happy! Congratulations on your new grandchild-we have one coming in January too! Being a grandma is truly the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mel - it will be lovely to have those conversations, I look forward to teaching the grandchildren all sorts of things, mucking around at the allotment, jam making etc xxx

    DC - they might surprise you, mine did :) xxxx

    Karen - thank you, I think so too :) xxxx

    Jan - congratulations to you too, I love being a grandma xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scarlett has grown so much! How exciting to have more grandchildren on the way too. Do you live close by to your children? Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah - it's hard to believe that she will be one in a few short weeks. I am very lucky as all my children live fairly close. In fact the latest baby is within wLking distance :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pictures are just lovely : )

    ReplyDelete