Sunday 12 June 2011

Quick, I've got a Signal!!!

When the wind blows, or it rains, or the sun shines too much I do not get a signal with this daft dongle!  The internet has been down at work and the other internet at work doesn't let me comment or post or anything.  Everything has been working against me when it comes to blogging.  I apologise for the lack of posts and comments on your blogs, but please bear with me.  I have just discovered I have got a signal, so I thought that I would show you how the allotment is coming along. I am just about to have a salad for lunch using my home grown spring onions, radishes and salad leaves.  Hopefully this afternoon we are going to get some serious rain as we have missed out on the rain that the rest of the country seems to have had.  Hope you are all having a good weekend. Will go now as I feel I am beginning to push my luck, hopefully will be back soon.

5 comments:

  1. Nice to hear from you, Fran, and your allotment is already providing lunch? That's super.
    (And, with soup, would make a super supper, too.)
    I've planted lots of squashes plus a few melons, and we had a lot of rain immediately after they were planted. Now all the rain has been taken out of the forecast, so I'd better do some watering today. In the meantime, our lawn has grown so much we have to dry off the dog's feet, legs and tummy when she comes inside.
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Fran... love the veggie patch. This is the first year I have planted veggies and hope to grow something. In fact I just released ladybugs into my lettuce as it was full of aphids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvellous veggies, Fran!! Great to hear from you too! We've missed you. Dongles are great for getting you out of trouble, as long as they can find a connection in the air. I'm amazed there is anywhere in England where it doesn't work so well, though. Hope you'll be back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, our internet on board is very 'iffy' too. I use part dongle, part free wifi from a hotspot across the way and part the harbour wireless network. None of the works all the time and it can be quite frustrating 'network' hopping, so I know what it's like! My trouble is that my work depends on it, so I have to find a connection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kay and Tracy, good luck with your veggies. We have been officially declared a drought region round here, so the veggies are really suffering.
    Val - I agree it is really frustrating, but not surprising. Tollesbury doesn't even have gas yet!!! Still its backwardness it what makes it special.

    ReplyDelete