Friday 25 March 2011

Recipe No. 7 - Cabbage and Tagliatelle

I had all three of my boys over for lunch today, which was absolutely wonderful.  For a long time I was a single mum and it was just me and the boys.  We became quite a close knit family unit, luckily when Pete came along he fitted in nicely.  The boys still look after their old mum and it was nice just to sit and chat.  I served recipe no. 7:

 Cabbage with Tagliatelle


Put some tagliatelle on to boil. Shred a cabbage and steam for ten minutes until just cooked. In a large frying pan, gently fry some spring onions until soft and then add some Quorn bacon bits and fry for another minute. Add the cooked cabbage to the pan and gently stir in 200g of cream cheese (eg Philadelphia). Add cooked and drained tagliatelle along with 25g of grated Parmesan. Mix well and serve with some lovely crusty bread.

And we all agreed, it was very tasty indeed.

3 comments:

  1. I'll just take the bacon covered in cheese, thank you very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds great!!! yummers. I hope my boys will come to visit me when they leave the nest which is going to happen soon... boohoo!

    I hope the bunnies aren't niibling too many of your cabbages!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick - didn't your mum ever tell you that you must eat your greens to grow up big and strong!
    Thanks for dropping by.
    Sammi - I miss the boys as well, but there are advantages eg food stays in the fridge, lights get switched off, we always have toilet paper!!!

    ReplyDelete