Wednesday 29 September 2010

Ouch...

Friendly looking little cuddly toy?  No, this is a gall bladder (okay, so I am showing you a nice furry one rather than a gruesome photo) and mine is giving me some serious gip.  I am just waiting for a scan before they decide when they are going to take mine out.  This is probably the most pain I have ever had, mind you the heavy duty pain killers help especially as they send you as high as a kite!  So please excuse if the blog posts are a bit sparse in the next couple of weeks but I will be reading all yours and I am sure that they will help keep me sane while I am forced into doing nothing. 

10 comments:

  1. Ha,

    Gaule bladder, I just new you had some French in you somewhere!

    The sick list is growing round here and if you have any tabs you don't need.....

    GWS, we miss you,

    Billy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci mon ami. I will be back very soon making you cups of tea and cake x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch indeed. Hope you get better soon. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, so sorry! For what it's worth, a friend had her's out a couple of years ago and almost immediately felt much, much better and hasn't had a problem since. There's light at the end of the tunnel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Margy and Sarah. I am going in for my scan on Sunday at 0900 hrs, so that gets rid of the Sunday lie in!!! Hopefully they will operate very soon afterwards. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fran I'm so sorry to hear this! I had a frend in South Africa who had gall stones and also complained about how painful it was. I hope you get some relief soon. Horrible for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Val, I really cannot wait for the scan tomorrow to find out what is happening.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still waiting!! Janys I would seriously love some chocolate but I am on a low fat, no sugar, low GI diet! I would rather have some nasty tasting medicine and get back to eating normally!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fran, my step-father had his gaul bladder out the end of August, a week after his 70th birthday. He was straight back onto his normal diet and was playing his beloved golf 10 days after the op. I hope you're better soon, looking forward to seeing you in the club when you are, we all miss you.
    Chris
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Chris for the encouragement. I actually miss you all too (as well as the chocolate and lager!) xxx

    ReplyDelete